Open Thanatology Inaugural Conference Videos and Resources - June 17 2022
On June 17th 2022, Open Thanatology held it's first online conference. The event was recorded on MS Teams (split into two recordings; keynote by Neil Thompson is in recording 2). The recording does not have closed-captioning; slides are availble for all talks. The programme for the day outlining the talks in more detail is also included.
- Introduction to Open Thanatology
- The Victorian Inquest: A Social History of Sudden Death
- Critically Examining Deaths in Psychiatric Detention
- Perspectives of a Population: A Town and its Hospice Care
- The Ambitions for Palliative and End of Life Care: a national framework for local action: findings from a first-step evaluation of understanding and use
- Music Thanatology
- Football, men and loss after the death of a baby
- Reviewing the impact of disenfranchised grief for carers
- How does support delivered by telephone improve or impair the psychological health of bereaved adults?
- Keynote by Neil Thompson - Getting the message across: Why teaching about death, grief and bereavement matters
- Open Thanatology